Horticultural Perlite 2 Liter
Horticultural perlite is a lightweight soil conditioner, loosens clay soil, reduces caking, improves drainage and aeration. Can be used to start seeds, propagate cuttings and store bulbs.
Perlite is a unique volcanic mineral which expands to about 13 times its original volume when it is heated to a temperature of approximately 1700°. During the heating process the mineral particles pop like popcorn and form a granular, snow-white material so light in density that it weighs only about 5 to 8 pounds per cubic foot.
Each particle of perlite is comprised of tiny closed air cells or bubbles. The surface of each particle is covered with tiny cavities which provide an extremely large surface area. These surface cavities trap moisture and make it available to plant roots and to the stems of cuttings. In addition, because of the physical shape of each perlite particle, air passages are formed in the growing mix providing optimum aeration.
Horticultural characteristics of perlite:
- Improves aeration and drainage.
- Makes moisture and nutrients readily available to plants.
- Is inorganic and does not deteriorate.
- Has essentially neutral pH of 6.5 to 7.5.
- Serves as an insulator to reduce extreme soil temperature fluctuations
- Is sterile and free of weeds and disease.
- Is clean, odorless, lightweight, and safe to handle
Use in soil mixes, hydroponics, aeroponics, growing start media and substrates.
Package contain 2 Liter of perlite.
Shipping weight: 12.0 oz