Bryophyllum Kalanchoe Pinnatum Goethe Plant Hierba Bruja Live Plant
General Plant Information: Bryophyllum pinnatum, also known as the air plant, cathedral bells, life plant, miracle leaf, and Goethe plant is a succulent plant native to Madagascar, which is a popular houseplant and has become naturalized in tropical and subtropical areas. It is distinctive for the profusion of miniature plantlets that form on the margins of its phylloclades, a trait it has in common with some other members of its genus.
The traditional use for infectious conditions (both internally and externally) is supported by research indicating Kalanchoe leaves have antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal, anti-insecticidal activity.(1) Antibacterial: The leaf and leaf juice have demonstrated significant in vitro antibacterial activity towards Staphylococcus, E. coli, Shigella, Bacillus and Pseudomonas, including several strains of multi-drug resistant bacteria. Squeezed leave juice drops are used to treat bacterial ear infections such as otitis media and swimmer's ear.
(2) Anticancer: Bryophyllin compounds have marked anticancer therapeutic value against cancer cells (Supratman et al., 2001). Bersaldegenin-1,3,5-orthoacetate inhibited cancer cell growth on several cancer lines
(3) Antiparasitic: A aquous extract of Kalanchoe leaves (administered topically and internally) has been shown to prevent and treat leishmaniasis (a common parasitic disease in tropical countries which is transmitted by the bite of sand flies) in both humans and animals. Quercitrin, a potent antileishmanial flavonoid present in the leaves (Muzitano et al., 2006). This plant extract showed anti-plasmodial activity against CQ resistant Plasmodium falciparum (Chenniappan and Kadarkarai, 2010)
(4) Anti-allergic: In addition to its antibacterial properties, Kalanchoe's traditional uses for upper respiratory conditions and coughs might be explained by research demonstrating that the leaf juice has potent anti-histamine and anti-allergic activity. In an in vivo study (with rats and guinea pigs) the leaf juice was able to protect against chemically induced anaphylactic reactions and death by selectively blocking histamine receptors in the lungs.
(5) Anti-inflammatory: Other in vivo research confirms that Kalanchoe can reduce fevers and provides anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving and muscle relaxant effects. Its anti-inflammatory effects have been partially attributed to the immunomodulatory and immune suppressant effect.
(6) Anti-depressant: Kalanchoe has also shown sedative and central nervous system depressant actions in animal studies. These effects were attributed partially to the leaf extract demonstrating the ability to increase the levels of a neurotransmitter in the brain called GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid).
(8) Anti-ulcer inducer: A leaf extract protected mice from such ulcer-inducers as stress, aspirin, ethanol and histamine and reduces Hyper tension (Lans, 2006).
Reference: B. Joseph, S. Sridhar, Sankarganesh , Justinraj and Biby T. Edwin, 2011. Rare Medicinal Plant-Kalanchoe Pinnata. Research Journal of Microbiology, 6: 322-327.
NOTE: The information above is only for instructional purpose. For diagnosis and treatment of any condition you must to consult a health professional like a medicine doctor or naturist.
24-36 inches tall
The plant may be sowing in a pot (>2 gallons) to grow as indoor plant in places below USDA hardiness zones 9. The plant do not tolerate frost.
Product Details: This is a young seedling plant, Comes in a 3 inches pot. Strong and well developed roots system. Plant is about 4-8 inches tall. Instructions for planting and care is included in package.
Shipping details: We do shipments by USPS Priority Mail Services (1-3 days). To ensure a continuous transit by mail and to protect the plants we send live plants from Monday to Wednesday. To keep you informed we will to send shipping updates regularly since the order is taken until you have received your plant.
Shipping Package weight: 2 lb
*** Due to California Agricultural Department Restrictions we don't do shipments of living plants or vegetative material to California State.***
Guarantee: We guarantee that every plant we ship is of the finest quality and that your order will be carefully handled and shipped to ensure you receive a healthy product. If your plant arrives damaged, severely wilted or dead, please contact us between 24 hours after delivery confirmation. You will need photos to support any claim. We will to replace any damaged plant.
For plants damaged during transit we going to initiate a claim with the carrier. Please you will need to save the box for claim purpose. We will reship the damaged replacement product after the delivering carrier has approved the damage claim.
How to contact us:
1. Leave message in our email: "firstname.lastname@example.org". We always respond messages within hours.
2. Call us to (787) 359-5046.